You already know that 90 percent (or more) of people begin their real estate search online, and most people begin with a Google search. If there was a tool that made you more visible on Google without spending any money, would you use it? Of course you would! Google My Business is that tool.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free business listing provided by Google. Ever do a search for “gourmet ice cream” or “emergency plumber” in your city? Notice the companies that show up with contact information, hours of service, and a phone number? Those ice cream shops and every other business you’ve ever Googled to find are using Google My Business.
Once your real estate company is set up with a free Google business listing, you’ll show up more easily in search when someone looks for “real estate in [YOUR CITY]” or “real estate agent in [YOUR CITY].” Your office can also be mapped through Google Maps making it easier for new customers to find you. You’ll also be able to see and respond to reviews, add photos, plus get insights into how many people saw and interacted with your business directly in a Google search.
Why Should You Use Google My Business?
The benefits of a Google business listing are extensive, beyond the power of being a little more visible on Google – which is huge by itself.
- You can see and respond to reviews. You can also create a special link to help happy clients leave a review.
- Your office will get map placement in a Google search that you show up in.
- Your listing can link to your website and share your contact information so it’s easy for potential buyers and sellers to contact you.
- You get insights into how many people saw your business, whether they clicked on your website link or called, plus where they’re located. That’s a lot of important data that can help with other marketing efforts.
- The listing is free but you can link it to Google AdWords as well for any advertising campaign you’re planning.
How to Set Up Your Business Listing on Google
It is extremely easy to set up your free business listing on Google. A basic set-up should take less than a few minutes.
- Go to google.com/business and click “Start here”
- Enter your business name, address, contact information, website information, and other fields.
- If your business is already listed in Google as a business listing, you will be given the opportunity to claim your business. Otherwise, you will set it up as a new business.
- Verify your business. You’ll be sent a code – by phone or other options. Once you receive it, enter the verification code.
Once verified, you can do other things with your listing:
- Respond to reviews
- Show up on Google Maps
- Use Google Analytics for insights
- Link your business listing to AdWords
Because it’s free and Google is the first place most people begin their real estate search, there’s no reason to delay. Setting up a basic listing, without using insights or AdWords, lends credibility to your business. People who see your listing realize you’re a legitimate business. When you use the more sophisticated options Google provides, you gain valuable information from Google and build trust with people long before they visit your website or come to the office for an appointment.