This issue of iHOUSE Blueprint delivers the “Best of the Press” to highlight the major changes in real estate and web marketing in 2006, as well as projections for 2007.
In this issue:
- The Real Estate Marketplace – 2006 Review and 2007 Projections
- The Internet is a Major Source of Leads – So Make the Most of It
- There’s Always Something New at iHOUSE:
- 2006 and Upcoming 2007 Product Enhancements
- New Products in 2006 Create the Most Comprehensive Real Estate Web Marketing System Available Anywhere
Advances in technology paired with volatility in the real estate marketplace last year beg the question, what can we expect in 2007? Although 2006 was far from a bust when it comes to the real estate industry, it had the first significant downturn the industry has seen in quite some time. In 2007, many real estate agents and brokers will continue to face relatively competitive markets.
MarketWatch (a Dow Jones company) suggests that many markets will be more in balance in 2007 as long as interest rates are stable – which is good news for buyers, sellers and the rest of us in this industry.
A recent report from NAR shows growing optimism with a projection of rising home sales through 2007 and 2008, and a turnaround in new home starts by mid-2007. Read the article.
In any event, smart agents are spending more time to make their properties stand out, as a recent RIS Media article illustrates. Read the article.
Finally, hot home design features and passing trends that caught a few experts by surprise. Read the article.
While optimism is growing, there is enough uncertainty in many markets to suggest a “wait and see” approach before declaring that the worst is over, but “wait and see” should not prevail when it come to developing effective marketing plans – both offline and online.
As always, it will hold true in 2007 that top agents can succeed in tough markets. The key: Having an effective marketing strategy. Realty Times recently highlighted “Ten Steps to Creating Your 2007 Web Marketing Plan.”
Read the article.
There’s a major new Internet trend from last year that should be factored into your 2007 marketing plan: taking advantage of third-party web companies that target the real estate sector and offer tools and information directly to consumers.
- Trulia’s presence on the web expands and most recently they created a real estate advisory board. iHOUSE offers direct listings submission to Trulia.
2006 and Upcoming 2007 Product Enhancements
In 2006, iHOUSE was very aggressive in launching product enhancements and new features for its core products.
New Features in 2006:
- New website template designs, with an upgraded homepage slideshow manager
- Additional listing submission options: Oodle Classifieds, and Trulia Real Estate Search Engine
- Include up to 100 images with each Listing
- Advanced Web Traffic Analyzer to track where your leads are coming from
- New Webmail service, best-in-class Spam Blocker with up to 1GB storage capacity
- Enhanced File Manager that supports all common file types
- IDXPro Interactive Map – display available MLS listings as clickable icons on a Google map right on your own website
New Features in January 2007:
- iHOUSE Interactive Map on your Home Page – display all of your listings as clickable icons on an Interactive Google map right on your own Homepage
- New Documents Page to easily share any electronic file, password protected or not, with your web visitors
- And we are just getting started…
iHOUSE New Products Launched in 2006 Create the Most Comprehensive Real Estate Web Marketing System Available Anywhere
2006 was the year of innovation here at iHOUSE. We released four new products to the market and have seen marked success with each one. We hope you have a chance to check them out, and see the added value they can bring your marketing efforts on and offline.
MarketReach Email Marketing System – Keep in constant contact with your clients with automated drip email campaigns, choosing from pre-designed campaigns or create-your-own. Select from over 160 eCards with a continually growing library. Send property flyers, moving kits, or just monthly recipes.
ConnecTel 24/7 Listing Information Hotline – Turn your yard signs into 24/7 lead generators. Get instant alerts via phone, text message or email each time your receive a call and capture the phone number EVERY time even with blocked numbers. Let ConnecTel get you more leads and give your potential clients what they want – information! Save time and money with the lead generating power of ConnecTel.
Spotlight Single Property Websites – Nearly every realtor has a website, but does every listing? Stand out from the rest by creating unique websites for each of your listings in just minutes. With incredible layouts and our “don’t pay until you’re ready” program, Spotlight is sure to impress. More information…
LocalNet Get Found Locally Online – iHOUSE website customers can now get submitted to 18 of the most popular local directories in just minutes. Directories include Google Local, Yahoo! Local, Yellowpages.com, VerizonSuperpages.com and more! Get found where your potential clients are looking!
New in 2007: Click-to-Talk Feature for iHOUSE Websites – Click-To-Talk places a button on certain pages of your website which will allow your potential clients to click and type in their phone number for an immediate connection to you at any phone you wish. Click-To-Talk will call and connect you and your customer simultaneously!