This issue of iHOUSE Blueprint provides insight into real estate agents’ marketing interests with a summary of major findings from a marketing benchmarking survey completed just this month.
In this issue:
- Findings from our Real Estate Marketing Benchmarking Survey
- Blueprint Poll: Changes in Average Monthly Marketing Spend
- There’s Always Something New at iHOUSE:
- Click-To-Talk is a Success – Take Advantage of the Low Introductory Price Before it Disappears on March 16, 2007!
Respondents’ ProfileFrom a pool of many thousands, 167 agents completed the survey. The survey respondents are located across the U.S., with the majority currently experiencing buyers’ markets with excess inventories. 90% of the respondents have been in real estate for at least two years, with 49% having 10 or more years of experience.
Findings from the SurveyThe survey began with questions about annual marketing planning and typical monthly expenditures on marketing activities. Over 75% of respondents do some type of marketing planning/budgeting, though most do not create a formal annual plan. Respondents’ typical monthly marketing investment varies widely – 61% of respondents fell within a broad range from $100/month to $550/month. Another survey objective was to better understand agents’ investment in online marketing as compared to traditional offline activities. While offline marketing is still clearly important, more than half of the respondents invest 50% or more of their monthly marketing budget into online resources. In addition, investment in online marketing is more likely to increase compared to offline investment. Over 60% of respondents are planning to invest more into online marketing, compared to 40% who plan to invest more into offline marketing activities this year compared to last year. When asked more specifically into which online activity they plan to invest in more this year:
- 51% of respondents said their own Website
- 43% of respondents said Email Marketing
- 29% of respondents said posting listings on 3rd Party Online Classifieds
- 26% of respondents said offering IDX MSL Search on their Website