Did you know you can require users of your website to register to view your listings and those provided by IDX search? You can. In fact you have three options:
- Allow people to search without registration.
- Require registration to do any search.
- Require registration after the user views listing details on two properties.
Why should you (probably) require registration?The whole purpose of your website is to help you get listings and sell properties. In many instances this means you need leads – the ability to contact people who are genuinely interested in buying or selling real estate with your help. Properly set up and managed your website will do just that. More specifically, you probably want to take advantage of iHOUSE’s Teaser Registration. This means that after looking at two listings, the user will be asked to register if they want to see more. Essentially what’s happening is you’re letting your website sort who is a looky-loo and who isn’t. In fact, iHOUSE has done some research and found that a website like yours, using the Teaser Registration option, can generate up to 14 times more leads than other sites. Looking at two listings lets the user know that your site is easy to use, tells them about you, and shows your site has lots of other useful information. It’s like giving them a free trial. Those that are truly interested will register – and those are the leads you want. You also need to require some sort of registration if you want to take advantage of your site’s ability to create a database of clients for you and to track their activity. The registration is used to generate that information. This puts you in the driver’s seat because you know a whole lot about your client before you even contact them. We’ll talk more about using those features shortly.
How to set up your registrationSetting up Teaser Registration (or requiring registration of everyone) is easy.
- Log into your site
- Choose Admin. Menu from the top of the page.
- Under Settings, choose Visitor Registration.
- On the Visitor Registration page, pick the type of registration you want, or none at all.
- Check Make phone number a required field for registration if you want to be able to call them.