The one thing that all real estate agents want more than anything else is for their listings to sell faster. The problem is very few know how to do this effectively and consistently. What is it that makes one property move quickly while another sits on the market for months on end? Here’s 3 tips that will help you find the listings that sell quickly:
1. ResearchFollow the market. The most important statistic that you need to watch is the number of units or homes sold during a particular time period. If more homes are selling than last year in a particular zip code then the chances of you having another home sold in that area are higher. However, if sales are declining then this is an indicator to look elsewhere for better opportunities.
2. CriteriaYou need to identify a specific criteria that describes the attributes of what you consider an “ideal” listing. An ideal listing is the property that sells most frequently in a given area. This information is obtained as a result of your research and knowledge of the market. Here are some items to consider:
- Exterior Walls (Brick/Block)
- Particular subdivisions
- Proximity to certain schools
- Other amenities or features
3. Motivate Ideal HomeownersNow that you have a criteria of the types of homes that are ideal you can begin to plan on how you will approach and motivate homeowners to list their property. Here’s some effective methods:
- Use your website to show off the hot action that’s going on in the market.
- Send them a post card that offers to complete a market analysis for free so that they’ll KNOW how much their property is worth in “today’s” market.
- Offer a discount. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Trying to always get 7% may leave you with zero listings where offering a special half price special of 3.5% for 30 days could have landed you 2 or more listings.