According to Wikipedia
“… a listicle is a short-form of writing that uses a list as its thematic structure, but is fleshed out with sufficient copy to be published as an article…” Many of us still think of these as lists – either term works.
The thing that’s really nifty about a listicle is folks love to read them. Which is why creating a post every now and again that’s essentially a list can be a great traffic builder. A list with clickable links is just another way to present a list, and to be of service.
Here are 30 ideas to get you started:
- List links to your community schools, public and private
- Links to your community churches
- Links to your community library or libraries
- Links to local tourist attractions
- Links to local hotels and motels – great for when relatives come to visit
- List with links to the best sites about your community
- List with links to the best sites about your county
- List with links to the best sites about your city
- Create a list of pros and cons about home ownership
- Create a list of pros and cons about remodeling and rehab
- List to local plant nurseries and landscape specialists
- A list of interior decorators and designers in your area
- List with links to local police, fire, and other emergency services
- Links to the finance companies you work with
- Links to contractors you can recommend
- Links to helpful articles about real estate for your clients – start with your articles if you have them.
- Links to city and/or services, from trash pickup to building permits
- Links to restaurants – maybe in your neighborhood and/or by type and price range
- Links to annual events in your community
- Links to local city council, county board and/or other elected officials
- Links to local veterinarians
- List of local historical sites
- List of local camping and RV sites
- List of local swimming pools
- List of local movie theaters
- List of local playhouses
- List of steps to closing
- List of steps to listing your home for sale
- List of steps to staging your home for sale
- A list of steps to help you decide if you want to sell now or later
Whew! I’ll bet you can think of more topics than this.
The truth is you can make a listicle out of almost anything. Keep in mind you want to be of service to your clients and potential clients, but that’s about the only limit.
After you post five or ten lists you can start creating a master list or index so folks can find your lists.
How often should you publish such a list? It really depends – a list can be an easy way to get some content up, but you probably shouldn’t create listcles exclusively. Vary your content so you have both articles and lists.
Would would you add to this list of lists?