Release Notes – 2021.02.18 2021 M02 18
- Featured Locations
The primary focus of this release is putting the finishing touches on Featured Locations. Beta testing has been going well, and with this release we intend to launch the feature more broadly early next week. Here’s Stephen’s rundown of what’s changed in this release and what’s still coming soon:
- These fixes and improvements are staging to go out on 2/18:
- You can now link to these pages from Edit Navigation and Custom Content (CKEditor)
- Added Carousel options to control auto-play and delay.
- Masthead editing moved down within the Page Content card (since it's part of the page content)
- New options to override card and masthead images
- Indicator in list view so you can tell at a glance which locations have been customized away from the default content
- A few more known issues that we'll be addressing shortly:
- Just after launch, change the default "Search by Areas" page to use the new "Featured Locations List Page" version instead of custom content.
- Better design for listing carousels that have no results.
- Review titles and meta descriptions and optimize for SEO
- Large image file sizes - working on an automated way to handle this.
- Testimonials Carousel Delay
- Featured Locations: Links sortable not intuitive
The featured location links section has been redesigned. The links are now editable, and use a UI similar to the content blocks. You can now edit the link targets. For consistency, the link editing UI (when editing a single link) matches the one used when editing a button block's link properties.
- Update cloud functions to Node 10 runtime
Upgraded node runtime versions for various cloud functions due to the previous version being deprecated.
- Replace Default Content With Cards Widget instances
Going forward, all new accounts will have a cards widget instance named “Featurette Cards” in place of the old custom content “FEATURETTE TABLE” widget.
- Edit Navigation: link to more page types
You can now link to all your site pages using the Edit Navigation screen, including blog posts and featured location pages.
- TN-MORRIS keywords Update
Keyword search lookup tables for TN-MORRIS have been rebuilt after a data provider change deprecated previous mappings.
- Generic carousel - allow edit for delay, autoPlay
You can now edit the "auto-play" and "delay" settings for the new context-aware carousels used by featured location pages. Delay values are in seconds. You can input any value between 0 and 10 with 2 decimal places.
- TN-SMOKEY Keywords need updating
Keyword search lookup tables were rebuilt for TN-SMOKEY after a data provider change deprecated previous mappings.
- FL-FLAGLER adjacent lot avaiable keyword
Added "extra lot available" keyword search term to FL-FLAGLER on react templates.
- Redesigned "almost ready" emails for new customers
- Featured Locations: Indicator for which pages have been customized
- Featured Locations: masthead and card image overrides
- Custom market report pages to to blank result
Fixed issue with page layout not properly set for customer.
- Broken links in image approval
Added errors when uploading unsupported image types.
- Styling engine fails when saving
Fixed issues with the style compilation system caused by deprecation of underlying third party tools.
- Share listings info page link broken
Updated help links for share listings feature.
- Hidden state disclaimer option broken
Option to hide Texas disclaimers will now be respected on react templates.
- Stage Smoke Testing: Listing manager import error
- Stage - Featured Locations: Links has several issues
- Featured Listings broken default content
Investigated issues with featured location default content on stage.
- Google analytics tag not showing
The property ID in the config snippet was missing the closing quote. Fixed the typo.
By Stephen Gruenholz
Stephen serves as both Graphics Manager and Product Manager at iHOUSEweb. He graduated from Cal Poly with a BS in Applied Art & Design and has been working as a Web Designer and Developer since 1998. He relentlessly pushes himself and the rest of the team to learn, grow, and innovate.