Frontend Web Developer - Remote
Texas or California Residents Only
We’re seeking an exceptionally talented Front End Developer to join our remote development team - someone with excellent client-side coding and user interface design skills. This is a full time, remote work, salaried position with health benefits.
iHOUSEweb, Inc. www.ihouseweb.com has been a leading provider of web software to REALTORS® since 1998. While other companies in our space have come and gone, we’ve continued to grow by reinventing ourselves. This presents a rare opportunity: all the technical challenges of new product development AND the stability of a career at an established and growing company.
Join our small, highly-skilled team of engineers tasked with maintaining our core products and developing new ones. Primary duties will be to work under the direction of product management and/or other senior developers to design and code user interfaces for both traditional LAMP stack applications and React based applications.
This is a full-time, exempt, remote work position.
- Must have an dedicated internet connection with a minimum of 15 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used. You must also be able to be hard wired to your router (wifi connection will not be sufficient)
- Full 8 hour work days with flexible schedule; Monday through Friday
- Work directly with professionals in the real estate industry (Agents & Brokers) across the entire U.S.
- High energy, team oriented, professional and positive "virtual" atmosphere.
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications.
- Education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other similar discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing web applications
- Solid technical understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as abstraction languages like LESS/SASS
- Experience with front end UI frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Experience with React/Next JS.
- Proven graphic design ability - specifically in the area of UI design.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable graphics software
- Knowledge of Node.js, npm, grunt, gulp, webpack, etc. and how to use them to optimize a build process.
- Experience with client side templating engines like Mustache, Handlebars, etc.
- Experience with PHP web applications development
- Experience working with MVC style frameworks
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practice software design patterns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work during normal business hours
Competitive, full-time position with health benefits
- Compensation will be a starting annual salary of $85,000 per year
- Annual salary reviews.
- Medical/dental benefits (90 day waiting period)
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 13 days/yr (1 month waiting period); Paid Holiday 9 days/yr (1 month waiting period)
How to Apply
Start the application process by completing this initial screening questionnaire.